Berliet GBU-15 & MK640

Pour vous présenter brièvement...

Re: Berliet GBU-15 & MK640

Message par CARGOKATKAT » 07 Nov 2019, 20:15

::coucou

Glad see you back !

Even an hydrolics spares parts supplier may have this type of tube, or could make an new with the recovered olds fittings ..
RIEN N'ARRETE LES CAMIONS "SIMCA-UNIC" !!

MÊME PAS LEURS FREINS.ImageImageImage
CARGOKATKAT
Général de Corps d'Armée
Général de Corps d'Armée

Message(s) : 15532
Véhicule(s): Simca Cargo F594WML 4X4-SUMB MH 600 BS

Message par JLR » 08 Nov 2019, 16:15

Hello Tank School,
Welcome to our forum. ::coucou

Well ... everyone suddenly speaks English now, I wonder why ?!

Don't hesitate to ask if you think we can help, as we have a few good guys here who know your Berliet quite well !

All the best. :smile:
JLR
JLR
Sergent-Chef
Sergent-Chef

Message(s) : 1095
Véhicule(s): MB et M201

Message par Tank School » 12 Nov 2019, 14:22

CARGOKATKAT a écrit :::coucou

Glad see you back !

Even an hydrolics spares parts supplier may have this type of tube, or could make an new with the recovered olds fittings ..

None of the suppliers have seen anything like this.... I am going to try to reuse the fitting; will send photos as it proceeds!
Tank School
Soldat
Soldat

Message(s) : 8

Message par Tank School » 12 Nov 2019, 14:45

The MK640 fuel injection pump....it's made by Bosch, and the one here has lubrication oil in it's sump. There is a dipstick, but it was taped up so that no-one could use it! There is an oil supply to the injection pump coming from the engine and that is fed through a small filter. I found the injection pump was almost completely full of engine oil; as there is no drain back to the engine. I have decided to disconnect this oil supply and revert just to a level of oil maintained in the pump sump, where it can be checked by the original dipstick. There was a possibility of engine oil being forced pass the pump cylinders into the diesel fuel ? The engine currently produces a lot of white smoke (unburnt fuel).

On the side of the injection pump is a fuel feed pump. I have renewed the small 'o' ring with a new Viton type (resistant to 'bio-diesel'). This seal only prevents fuel from entering the injection pump sump. On this feed pump there is an oil supply hole that receives engine oil from the same system that feeds the injection pump. The 'o' ring does not prevent that oil from entering the fuel being delivered by this feed pump; this oil would contribute to a smokey exhaust. This oil dues go through a pressure reducer, so not much will enter the fuel. I will fit it's own oil supply by using a small resevoir that is gravity fed; that way the oil consumption can be monitored.

Injectors; these need checking. However they are seized into the cylinder head at present.... ::gene
Tank School
Soldat
Soldat

Message par Tank School » 12 Nov 2019, 15:01

JLR a écrit :Hello Tank School,
Welcome to our forum. ::coucou

Well ... everyone suddenly speaks English now, I wonder why ?!

Don't hesitate to ask if you think we can help, as we have a few good guys here who know your Berliet quite well !

All the best. :smile:
JLR

thanks for the offer....just getting these flexible engine oil pipes off the engine was a very difficult task, as the engine is in the truck (crows foot spanners were the answer). I am going to have to carefully cut off their swaged outer section, and then silver-solder a copper tube to enable a new flexible stainless steel braided pipe to be fitted. I think these pipes just take engine oil pressure , so testing at 150 psi (?kg/cm sq) should be okay?

Having got these pipes off, I will next renew some of the rubber water hoses that were almost unreachable...

And, I need to fit x 2 new oil filters (cartridge ones)....I have bought x 2 Mann PF1025. These are the closest I can find; does anyone know the correct part number for these filters?

Also, I need x 2 'o' rings for the oil filters....size unknown ? THANKS! & cheers.
Tank School
Soldat
Soldat

Message par jeep-fr » 13 Nov 2019, 09:25

::bievenue

Joli camion que tu as là, bravo.
Impatient d'en voir plus.

Nico.
jeep-fr
Major
Major

Message(s) : 4740
Véhicule(s): Jeep Willys - Remorque 1/4ton Bantam

Message par CARGOKATKAT » 13 Nov 2019, 20:23

Then I suggest you move your subject in http://www.vehiculesmilitaires.com/viewforum.php?f=14 and create a post about your truck.
Add photos to your requests and mix all that in google translator vieu1
So you will expand your audience and your chances of replies, the TBU are quite rare and owners too clin
RIEN N'ARRETE LES CAMIONS "SIMCA-UNIC" !!

MÊME PAS LEURS FREINS.ImageImageImage
CARGOKATKAT
Général de Corps d'Armée
Général de Corps d'Armée

Message(s) : 15532
Véhicule(s): Simca Cargo F594WML 4X4-SUMB MH 600 BS

Précédent

Retour vers Les Présentations